Connect With Us on Social Media
Sign Up For Email Updates
Keep Pace with the RRCA. Sign up now for monthly email updates about the RRCA. Don’t worry we will not sell or give away your email address.
Convention Education Program
Thursday April 23 - Roundtable Discussions 4:00 - 5:00 PM
The roundtable discussions are an opportunity for attendees to engage in informal discussions on the topics outline below in advance of the kick-off reception. Each roundtable will be hosted by an RRCA representative to help lead the discussion and take notes about problems outlines and ideas for addressing challenges.
Check back for detailed outline of roundtable topics
Friday April 24 - General Session - 9:00 - 10:15 AM
RRCA Insurance Program and Risk Management for Clubs & Events
Attendees will learn about best practices in risk management from recent lessons learned from insurance claims, litigation, and more. Learn about the RRCA insurance program and how it benefits your club and event. This session is part of the RRCA’s Club College and RRCA Certified Race Directors earn 1 hour of continuing education credits (CECs) for attending this session.
Presented by: Terry Diller - Diller has worked in the insurance industry for nearly 30 years. His agency has handled the insurance program for the RRCA for 20 years, and he as been instrumental in updating the policies as needs change and evolve for the running community. He has also handled the insurance programs for other sports organizations such as the Iditarod Dog Sled Race, the AAU, the United State Tae Kwon Do Union and Cycle Oregon. Terry runs on a daily basis and considers the four Boston marathons he completed to be the highlight of his running career
Friday April 23 - Education Sessions - 1:45 - 3:00 PM
- Informing Runners Starts with a Great Website and Social Engagement - Club College
- Security Planning for Events: A Review of the Des Moines Marathon’s Security Plans presented by Sgt. Jack Beardsley of the Des Moines Policy - RD Continuing Ed.
- Developing Women’s Running Programs - Club College - Coaches Continuing Ed.
- Creating a Community of Fitness: Iowa Healthiest State Initiative - presented by Jami Haberl
Saturday April 24 - Education Sessions 9:00 - 10:15 AM
- Managing the Back of the Pack for Safety, Enjoyment, and Fair Sport - RD Continuing Ed.
- Running Form: Natural Stride Running - presented by Coach Cari Setzler, RRCA Coaching Course Instructor - Continuing Education Session for Coaches
- Branding Your Event with Online Registration - panel presented by RunSignUp and Get Me Registered
- Key Considerations for Ultra and Trail Running - presented by Brad Dains, Capital Striders
Saturday April 24 - Education Sessions 10:30 - 11:45 AM
- Recruiting, Training and Managing Volunteers - RD Continuing Ed.
- Strategic Planning for Clubs: An Overview of the Oregon Road Runners Club’s Strategic Plan Process - Presented by Stephen Wright, ORRC President -Club College
- Brilliance: Coaching the Weight Loss Crowd - presented by Coach Gary Westland - Continuing Education Session for Coaches
- Working with Professional Athletes and Drug Testing at Races - Present by Chris Burch, IMT Des Moines Marathon Director, Bill Burke, Premier Event Management, and more
Saturday April 24 - Education Sessions 2:00 - 3:15 PM
- Developing a State Wide Grand Prix - Club College
- Crisis Management: Thinking Quickly When Things Go Wrong - presented by Joe Moreno, Quad Cities Marathon Director - RD Continuing Ed.
- Developing a Medical Plan for any Sized Event
- Creating a Community of Fitness: Meet Me Downtown - presented by Randy Accetta
Saturday April 24 - Education Sessions 3:30 - 4:30 PM
- Course Measurement and Certification
- Leave No Trace: An Overview of the Marine Corps Marathons Efforts - presented by Angela Anderson, Deputy Director of the Marine Corps Marathon
- How to Make Event Photography Work
- Coaching Youth for Performance - presented by Coaches Brent Ayer and Dr. Bobby Gessler, RRCA Coaching Course Instructors - Continuing Education Session for Coaches
The education program is subject to change and topics may be added or changed as planning proceeds. Speaker names and bios are coming soon.