RunPro Camp, an in-person seminar, is designed to educate recent post-collegiate runners interested in pursuing a professional running career
Arlington, VA – The purpose of RunPro Camp is to provide an in-person seminar focused on sharing comprehensive information about what is involved in becoming a professional runner competing on the track, on the roads, in cross country, and on trails.
Runners who are completing their NCAA eligibility by June 30, 2017, along with runners who have completed eligibility within the last 24-months, are encouraged to apply. The 2017 RunPro Camp will be held July 20-22 in Arlington, Virginia, at the national office location of the Road Runners Club of America (RRCA). The deadline to apply is May 30. The application can be found at www.RunPro.com.
“This isn’t a running camp to learn how to run faster. RunPro Camp seeks to educate top collegiate runners about opportunities to stay in the sport, train at a high level, and pursue a professional running career to represent the U.S. at national and international competitions” explained Jean Knaack, RRCA Executive Director. “We are proud of the fact that 16 different RunPro Campers ran in the 2016 U.S. Olympic Trials Marathon.”
RunPro Camp will provide:
- Opportunities for runners to meet coaches and athletes from professional training centers;
- Information about grant and sponsorship opportunities;
- An overview of athlete representation – working with an agent;
- An overview of elite athlete recruitment at races;
- An overview of USA Track & Field and the Track & Field Athletes Association;
- An overview of anti-doping compliance and athlete’s rights;
- And much more.
The RRCA will provide travel and lodging to qualified applicants. The RRCA anticipates supporting up to 20 athletes for the 2017 RunPro Camp.