Hounds and Harriers Run
Oct 7 2012
South Orange NJ
Rose City Runners
Three mile race of person and pug - one person running with their leashed dog. Entries limited to 150 human-canine teams. Rules:
* One dog per person. Exceptions may be considered on an individual basis.
* Dogs must be on leashes at all times (no longer than 6'). No flexi leashes please.
* All dogs must be current on standard vaccinations and be licensed. You must be able to produce proof of these on race day upon request.
* Poop bags will be provided. You are responsible for picking up after your dog if he decides to go in the staging area or the course. We recommend you exercise your dog before the run to avoid dealing with this during the race.
* Puppies must be at least 6 months old to participate. We will not allow female dogs in any stage of heat to attend.
* The race director and race veterinarian reserve the right to refuse entry or remove a dog from the course if it might prove hazardous to others or whose physical condition appears to be in jeopardy before or during the event.
* The race director reserves the right to change the race to a fun run if the temperature is excessively warm.
* No Baby Joggers.
* To enter the Paws from the Past, the dog has to have participated in a previous Hounds and Harriers Run and can no longer complete 3 miles. Entry fee is optional for Paws from the Past but required for t-shirt and goodies. The course is the finishing stretch.