Connect With Us on Social Media
Sign Up For Email Updates
Keep Pace with the RRCA. Sign up now for monthly email updates about the RRCA. Don’t worry we will not sell or give away your email address.
RRCA Leadership Development Scholarship
In 2008, Bee McLeod and Goody Tyler presented the RRCA with a major contribution to support the organization and to help promote the development and growth of local running clubs. To further the goal of supporting the growth of local running clubs, the donors and the RRCA has developed the Leadership Development Scholarship for the RRCA Convention.
The purpose of the Leadership Development Scholarship is to provide annual funding to attend the RRCA Convention on behalf of their running club for up to 4 individuals per year (one per region). By attending the RRCA Convention, new club leaders will gain a better understanding of their roles and responsibilities, which will help them lead their club to greatness or maintain excellence that has been achieved through previous leaders. It will also be an opportunity for emerging leaders to learn more about leadership opportunities with the national organization, and have valuable networking time with running club and event members from across the country.
The Leadership Development Scholarship package will include:
- One complementary registration to the RRCA National Convention for 2015 including all meals and social events
- Complementary hotel accommodations at the Host Hotel for Thursday (check-in) through Sunday (check-out)
- Airfare or ground transportation to the RRCA Convention (Not to exceed $500 round trip)
- One year membership to BoardSource.org to learn more about best practices in governing a nonprofit
Criteria for Leadership Development Scholarship
- The candidate may be a race director, club leader, board member, board officer, or key-volunteer involved with an RRCA member running club.
- The RRCA member running club must be a 501(c)3 organization either through the RRCA or directly with the IRS.
- The RRCA member running club should be at least 3 years old or more.
- The candidate should not have attended an RRCA Convention in previous years.
- The candidate for the scholarship MUST be nominated by another current board member of their running club.
- The nominator must complete the online application form by the deadline of January 31, 2015. .
- The final winners of the scholarship will be determined by a selection panel appointed by the RRCA and invited to the Convention.
- Winners of the Scholarships will receive additional information from the National Office about attending the 2015 RRCA Convention.
- Deferral requests of the Scholarship offer for a future RRCA Convention will not be accepted.