Connect With Us on Social Media
Over 2,300 running club and event members nation-wide.
Sign Up For Email Updates
Keep Pace with the RRCA. Sign up now for monthly email updates about the RRCA. Don’t worry we will not sell or give away your email address.
Bidding is Open for the 2014 RRCA Regional and State Championship Event Series
The RRCA Championship designation is awarded on an annual basis. The 2014 National events have been selected, and we are now accepting bids for 2014 Regional and State Championships and the 2015 National Championships for the following distances:
• 1 Mile
• 10 K
• 10 Mile
• Half Marathon (13.1 miles)
• Marathon (26.2 miles)
• Ultra (any distance over 26.2 miles)
• Cross Country (variable distance; only one event)
State Reps and Regional Directors may grant additional State or Regional Championships at different distances (upon request) after the standard distances have been filled. Only one championship designation will be awarded per event distance.
- Review the Championship Bidding Information & Instructions posted at http://www.rrca.org/programs/rrca-championship-series/hosting/
- Determine the appropriate designation for your event: State or Regional Championship
- Complete the online bid form. You can create the bid form and complete it or update it by using the login feature at the top of the form. Print a copy for your records, then click submit. You will be notified of your bid status once championship designations are awarded
CHAMPIONSHIP BID SUBMISSION DEADLINES
To ensure events have an opportunity to compete for all Championship designation levels, the deadlines for National, Regional and State Championship bids are staggered as follows:
2015 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP BID DEADLINE: JANUARY 31, 2014
Bids for National events are awarded a year in advance for marketing purposes. We are
currently accepting bids for the 2013 National Championships. There is a $250 nonrefundable
marketing fee if awarded the National Championship designation.
2014 REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP BID DEADLINE: October 1
There is no marketing fee. Regional bids not selected will be considered for State Championship designation.
2014 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP BID DEADLINE: November 1
There is no marketing fee. To ensure a full slate of standard race distances for the RRCA Championship Event Series any distance not designated after the bidding period will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis for qualified races. Bids will be accepted on an on-goingbasis for Championship distances not filled after the bid deadline and selection process. Any questions about bidding and the Championship designation can be addressed by sending an email to email@example.com.
RRCA Championship Events qualify for Gatorade (some exclusions apply), free race numbers sponsored by RRCA, RRCA Championship awards for all events, Gift cards from Sports Authority for National and Regional Championships, event promotions via RRCA calendar, social media, and more.