Connect With Us on Social Media
Sign Up For Email Updates
Keep Pace with the RRCA. Sign up now for monthly email updates about the RRCA. Don’t worry we will not sell or give away your email address.
Gatorade Support for Marathon and Half Marathon Training Programs
The RRCA is pleased to introduce a new sponsorship program from Gatorade. Gatorade, the Official Sports Nutritional Beverage of the RRCA, will provide product support for organized marathon and half marathon training programs for fall events that meet the following criteria:
- Marathon and half marathon training programs must have nonprofit status through the RRCA or the IRS and be an organized program of an RRCA member running club.
- Training programs must be organized programs for fall marathons or half marathons with at least thirty (30) program participants and no more than five hundred (500) program participants.
- RRCA member clubs must provide the RRCA with the training program registration link or online information about the program for verification purposes that the club is in fact hosting a formal training program.
- The sponsorship for training programs is a on a first come first served basis through this application process and at the discretion of Gatorade for programs that meet the criteria.
The director of the training program will be responsibilities for the following:
- Submit completed application by June 30, 2012. Any training program that applies after June 30, 2012 will be consider after all other applications submitted before that date.
- Set up all aid stations serving Gatorade products with Gatorade-provided table skirts, cups, and coolers-only. No competitive or unbranded table skirts or cups are to be used.
- Designate Gatorade Endurance Formula as the exclusive Sports Nutritional Beverage of the training program in all of the training program materials and on training program website/webpage.
- Designate a coach or training group leader as the training program representative to attend a 1-hour sports nutrition webinar presented by the Gatorade Sports Science Institute.
- Submit a post-event summary within 21 days of the end of the Training Group calendar. The report must include at least one photographic example of Gatorade presence at the training program and/or the event from that year. Any training program that fails to submit this report will not be allowed to apply for support a period of one (1) year.
Please complete the application for consideration for your training program. All applications must be received by June 30, 2012 for consideration. If you training program has already started as of June 30, 2012 and you have at least 8-16 weeks remaining in your program, please consider applying and we will do our best to accommodate your program as your program provides longer training runs for participants.