Join RRCA Today
The RRCA is the oldest and largest organization in the US dedicated to distance running.
With over 1000 member clubs and events representing over 200,000 running club members, why run with anyone else? Join the RRCA today!
Sign Up For Email Updates
Keep Pace with the RRCA. Sign up now for monthly email updates about the RRCA. Don’t worry we will not sell or give away your email address.
Help NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC KIDS set two Guinness World Records!
The RRCA has partnered with National Geographic Kids to help them set TWO Guiness World Records! As you kick off your Kids Run the Nation programs at area schools or plan your local RUN@WORK Day event, be sure to share the following information with your participants.
Save the date!
- Most people to run or walk 100 meters in a 24-hour period
- Longest chain of shoes (They’ll be recycled into athletic surfaces!)
Between noon ET October 26 and noon ET October 27, you can bring hundreds of kids and families to your location by holding a RUN FOR THE PLANET event. You’ll be inspiring kids and families to do something good for their health and the planet while helping to break Guinness World Records at the same time. Here’s how it works.
- Pledge to participate starting August 1 at kids.nationalgeographic.com/run-for-the-planet/.
- Plan a RUN FOR THE PLANET 100-meter run / walk to be held between noon ET Oct. 26 and noon ET Oct. 27. (Info available Aug. 1 at kids.nationalgeographic.com/run-for-the-planet/.)
- Participants bring a pair (or many pairs) of old athletic shoes to the event.
- Participants do their run / walk.
- Pre-provided run / walk documentation and shoes are sent to NGK. Total run / walk numbers will be tallied; shoes will be tied into a chain, counted, then recycled.
- Guinness World Records reviews all documentation and approves the records!
Everyone wants to set a Guinness World Record! Participating in RUN FOR THE PLANET is a great way to bring people to your location. Here’s how NGK can help you organize a fun event and get your message out.
- Record Breakers Packet: helpful documents to give you everything you need to help break these records, including official rules, customizeable press releases for local coverage, fill-in-the-blank verification statements (for Guinness World Records documentation), FAQs, and more
- An official NGK RUN FOR THE PLANET Super-Awesome Fun Pack activity booklet that locations can print out and distribute at events
- Official participation certificate for groups of 100 or more
- A link from the RUN FOR THE PLANET website to your national organization’s event page, if applicable (ngk.com: 2 million monthly page views; site goes live August 1)
- Website and national organization refer in National Geographic Kids magazine (4 million readers)
- National organization teaser in National Geographic E-Newsletters, with links to website (Fun for Famlies, 337k subscribers; Education Compass: Families, 95k subscribers; Education Compass: Teachers, 95k subscribers)
- Social media campaign (26,500 Facebook followers, 7,700 Twitter followers)
- National organization inclusion in NGK press releases for event and record-breaking announcements, with link to website
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC KIDS RUN FOR THE PLANET PLEDGE AND INFORMATION WEBSITE GOES LIVE AUGUST 1.
SAVE THE DATE NOW TO INSPIRE KIDS AND FAMILIES TO RUN FOR THE PLANET!