Connect With Us on Social Media
Sign Up For Email Updates
Keep Pace with the RRCA. Sign up now for monthly email updates about the RRCA. Don’t worry we will not sell or give away your email address.
PHILADELPHIA MARATHON SEEKS COURSE MANAGER
THE PHILADELPHIA MARATHON WEEKEND NOVEMBER 19 – 21, 2010
Now in its 17th year, the Philadelphia Marathon is 3-days of events attracting over 18,000 active participants including the Runners Expo Friday 11/19 and Saturday 11/20, Kid’s Fun Run Saturday 11/20, the Rothman Institute 8K Saturday 11/20, the Philadelphia Half Marathon Sunday 11/21, and the Philadelphia Marathon Sunday 11/21.
This Course Manager will be responsible for all course related operations and logistics for all races of the Philadelphia Marathon Weekend.
This position will require regular time in the Marathon office upon initiation of contract through November 5, 2010 and on a full time basis thereafter up until the Marathon Weekend. Post-race the consultant must report to the office regularly until all contractual obligations have been fulfilled. Consultant will work directly with operations staff, report progress and submit all plans to the Operations Director for approval.
- Creation and execution of course management plan, necessary layout diagrams, production schedules and budgets
- Direct and manage race day course operations to secure and maintain a safe, accurate, and quality race course
- Monitoring and reporting on course integrity 4-months out to race day
- Meet and work with city services agencies to discuss and fine tune race day logistics including meetings with police and EMS to provide necessary course security and medical coverage needs
- Utilizing existing and forging new relationships with volunteer groups, vendors, consultants, and relevant City agencies
Thank you for your interest in the Philadelphia Marathon. www.philadelphiamarathon.com.