The Board Development Committee of the Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) is advising membership that the following Board of Director positions are up for election in 2024:
- Eastern Director
- Central Director
- At-Large Director
Term of Service: As outlined in the RRCA Bylaws, Group I is up for election, and following the election will serve from approx. June 1, 2024 through April 30, 2026.
Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible for nomination as an Officer or Director of the RRCA Board, a nominee must have been a member of the RRCA (including club membership or as a race director of an event/event management company, or individual or coach member) for at least 3-months immediately preceding nomination. A prospective nominee shall:
- Support the mission, vision, and values of the RRCA;
- Demonstrate a commitment to running through prior service to the sport or demonstrated professional expertise of value to the RRCA;
- Be able to function effectively in a team environment to provide governance and oversight in accordance with the RRCA Bylaws and be able to participate in discussions with respect and tolerance for differing opinions and ideas;
- Understand the role and responsibilities of RRCA Board Members as outlined in the Bylaws;
- Regional Directors must reside in the region for which they are running.
Time & Other Commitments: The RRCA Board of Directors is a governing board, not a managing board, focused on oversight and strategic planning for the organization. The employees in the National Office, under the direction of the CEO, are responsible for the day-to-day management of the organization. RRCA Board members must be able and willing to:
- Participate in at least two in-person board meetings per year and additional meetings held online (appox. 2-3 per year). RRCA covers travel expenses to board meetings following our reimbursement policy;
- Review periodic emails and quarterly reports from the CEO along with regular communications from RRCA (email, press releases, etc.). Board members are expected to review materials in advance of meetings to be prepared to engage in discussion as outlined in the Bylaws;
- Make an annual financial contribution to the RRCA of $300 or more per year and solicit contributions from members. (This donation is separate from winning auction items or buying raffle tickets at the RRCA Convention).
Step One – Submit Nomination: Interested candidates must complete the nomination form themselves by the deadline, February 19, 2024.
Step Two – Nomination Review: The Board Development Committee will review all nominations and determine candidates that will be interviewed. Online interviews of selected candidates will be scheduled via Zoom. A member of the Committee will contact your references as well.
Step Three – Report of the Board Development Committee: Following candidate interviews and deliberations, the Board Development Committee shall issue their recommended slate of directors for election. This report will be shared with membership by March 25, 2024. Following the announcement of the recommended slate, candidates not included may email the CEO within 30-days and ask to be included as a candidate for election as outlined in the RRCA Bylaws.