For 2013, Gatorade, "�Official Sports Nutritional Beverage of the RRCA,' will again provide product support for organized marathon and half marathon training programs for fall events that meet the following criteria:
- Marathon and half marathon training programs must have nonprofit status through the RRCA or the IRS and be an organized program of an RRCA member running club.
- Training programs must be organized programs for fall marathons or half marathons with at least thirty (30) program participants and no more than five hundred (500) program participants.
- RRCA member clubs must provide the RRCA with the training program registration link or online information about the program for verification purposes that the club is in fact hosting a formal training program.
Gatorade will provide product to select training programs as follows and based on participation numbers provided by the member running club and verified by RRCA and Gatorade:
- 1 set of Gatorade Prime, Gatorade Endurance Formula, Gatorade Recover products for each participant for program kick-off event or nutrition clinic in the first two (2) months of training.
- Gatorade Prime, Gatorade Endurance Formula, Gatorade Recover products in mutually agreed upon quantities to support the training program"�s long run (20 miles or longer).
- Gatorade® Endurance Formula product in mutually agreed upon quantities to support 4 other training runs.
Director of the training program"�s responsibilities include:
- Submit completed application by May 5, 2013.
- Set-up all aid stations serving Gatorade products with Gatorade-provided table skirts, cups, and coolers-only. No competitive or unbranded table skirts or cups are to be used.
- Designate Gatorade Endurance Formula as the "�Exclusive Sports Nutritional Beverage' of the training program in the club"�s materials and on training programs website or webpage.
- Designate a coach or training program director or leader as the training program"�s representative to attend a 1-hour sports nutrition webinar presented by the Gatorade Sports Science Institute.
- Submit a post-event summary within 21 days of the end of the training program calendar. The report must include at least one photographic example of Gatorade presence at the training program from that year. Any training program that fails to submit this report will not be allowed to apply for support a period of one (1) year.
Apply online today at: