The Road Runners Club of America has an opening for an internship available for the Summer Session of 2013 and the Fall Semester of 2013. This internship requires contact hours in the RRCA National Office located in Arlington, VA. We are seeking individuals able to provide 5-10 hours a week in the RRCA National Office throughout the year, preferably between 1:00 - 5:00 PM on Thursday and Friday.
- Be a current college student or a recent college graduate or post-graduate student with an interest in distance running, sports management, nonprofit management, and journalism/communications.
- Candidate should be willing and able to work on projects as assigned with limited supervision.
- Be willing to commit to a regular work schedule in the RRCA National Office throughout the summer/semester with the opportunity to work on some projects remotely.
- Be professional at all times while working on RRCA projects.
Internship project opportunities may include:
- Assist with research and survey projects about members.
- Assist with database management projects.
- Assisting with archiving RRCA historical documents: scanning, cataloging, database entry, etc.
- Writing and circulating press releases, scheduling radio or television interviews, and more journalism related projects.
- Special events coordination.
- Interface on a regular basis with RRCA member clubs and events and assist them with special projects as assigned.
- Assist with fundraising efforts.
- Assist with general administrative duties as needed.
- Other projects as desired or assigned.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter outlining how an RRCA internship might assist long-term professional goals along with a resume and a letter of recommendation from a professor. Submit application materials to Jean Knaack at Execdir@RRCA.org by June 7, 2013. The RRCA can work with your university if credits are needed for internship requirements.