USATF Adirondack is seeking Statements of Qualifications from qualified individuals, organizations or firms with an interest in serving as the Event Director for the Freihofer’s Run for Women. It is our expectation to engage this individual, organization or firm no later than January 2, 2017 to work on the 2017 Friehofer’s Run for Women scheduled for June 3, 2017.
Since its inception in 1979, the Freihofer’s Run for women has mirrored the evolution of women’s distance running in the USA. From 502 runners in the inaugural event, the Freihofer’s race has grown to an event with close to 5,000 women in the 5k race, a training program, a Health and Fitness Expo, youth races including the Freihofer’s Junior 3K, and an outreach program to schools to promote the sport.
Through their generous support, the Freihofer’s Baking Company has become synonymous with women’s distance running, and their ongoing commitment has played no small part in stimulation the sport throughout the United States.
For more information, go to www.freihofersrun.com
Overview of Scope of Services
While the precise content of the scope of services for the Event Director will emerge during contract development, interested parties should expect to lead or be involved in the following activities:
General Event Coordination and Organization: Demonstrate effective communication skills, outstanding budget management skills, build positive community relationships, coordinate vendors, suppliers and contractors, provide excellent customer service, supply regular updates to the FRW leadership team.
Leadership and Oversight of Implementation of Event Components: Provide leadership and oversight in the program design and implementation of the following components:
- Junior 3K
- Youth Races
- Health and Fitness Expo o School Visit program
Cultivation and Delivery of Event Sponsors: Develop and execute strategies to engage and retain potential sponsors.
Effective Promotion and Marketing to Build Event: Provide leadership in the development of print materials, maintenance of website and social media presence.
Minimum Qualifications: Each individual, organization or firm submitting qualifications must confirm in writing that he/she/it is able to meet the following:
- Prior experience in managing and supervising paid staff and volunteers for large, complex events.
- Prior experience of effectively working with public, non-profit and governmental entities to conduct an event.
- Demonstrated experience in event promotion, marketing and the cultivation of sponsorship.
Qualifications must be submitted in a timely manner as detailed at the top of this document and must contain the following:
1. Cover Email with contact information including name of contact, address, phone number and email.
2. Statement of Qualifications and Expertise as they pertain to event and road race management and planning.
3. Brief description of a completed race or event for which you were responsible for and demonstrates your
effective budget and event management expertise (1-page limit)
4. Outline of proposed services for this event with statement of expected fee for providing the services proposed
5. Resume(s) of Key Personnel
6. Contact information for three (3) professional references
All complete qualification packages meeting the stated deadline and requirements and received via email will be reviewed by the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors of USATF Adirondack ad presented to the Board of Directors for Approval. A contract will be negotiated and presented to the full Board of Directors for approval. Decisions will be based on business needs, position requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity, or age.
All questions and submissions of interest should be emailed to email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. EST on December 15, 2016. Responses will be provided in writing.