The RRCA is pleased to announce that there is a no increases in dues or insurance rates in 2018
for clubs, events, and event management companies. The hard work and focus on producing safe events by RRCA members has helped maintain the affordable rates for our group.
PRIMARY CONTACT REMINDER
Each running club, event member, and event management company is assigned ONE Primary Contact person in the RRCA's membership database. This is the authorized representative allowed to renew or submit a membership application. To help ensure an efficient renewal process, please follow these important steps:
- If you were the Primary Contact for 2017, logon to the online system using your current username and password. Ensure all information is correct for your organization.
- If you will be the NEW Primary Contact for your organization in 2018, please create a personal profile in the Manage Profile section of the website. Select the "Create User Profile & Password" option.
- Once you have created a profile, email firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of the email, note - Primary Contact Update and include your full name and running club or event name in the email. We will notify you once the primary contact update is complete. You will then be able to join/renew the RRCA membership online.
If you have a 2017 Turkey Trot
that needs insurance or to renew your Jingle Bell events before 12/30, you MUST email email@example.com
to receive an invoice and payment link for any remaining 2017 events. DO NOT report 2017 events through the online system
, as they will default to 2018.
Pay for the Music You Play - Understand the Music Licensing
Federal copyright law says that as the event owner/operator you are responsible for paying the music license when you play music at your events when participants have paid an entry fee. You must attest to understanding the music licensing information
on our website as part of the join/renew process.
Clubs, events, and event management companies may select "yes" when asked if they want to pay the fees and be included in the RRCA's group music license service. Clubs will report only the events they host where music will be played. Download the membership join/renew instructions
for detailed information on how to report events in our membership system. Your organization will be assessed the fees outlined on our website
for both PROs. If you select "yes" for music licensing compliance, your music license will cover works from both the BMI and ASCAP catalog of songs.
Understand the RRCA's Insurance Program
We believe that insurance is a top priority for clubs and events and should never be an afterthought
in the planning process. Insurance coverage for clubs and events is one of the major benefits of RRCA membership. Check out our newly organized Insurance Program section
on the website.
Did you know RRCA insurance covers:
- Participants, including accident medical coverage at no additional fee;
- Volunteers and spectators, including accident medical coverage at no additional fee;
- And much more!