MCM Rush Registration completed; Lottery to register remaining field of runners
QUANTICO, VA (March 19, 2019) – The Marine Corps Marathon (MCM) Lottery opens tomorrow to all runners eager to participate in the 44th Marine Corps Marathon. Due to the consistent volume of interest, the Marine Corps Marathon Organization (MCMO) hosts a Lottery-based registration system in order to get 30,000 runners to the start line. The MCM Lottery follows MCM Rush Registration, which was completed on March 19.
Mark your calendars. Runners have one week to enter their names into the MCM Lottery. Thousands of runners look to capture an entry to be part of the pageantry and grandeur of the MCM experience.
· March 20-26 – MCM Lottery opens
. Registration slots will open at noon Eastern on Wednesday, March 20 at www.marinemarathon.com
and will close at noon Eastern on Tuesday, March 26. The Lottery is a fair registration process and is necessary to allow the maximum number of individuals an opportunity to obtain an entry, as the volume of interest exceeds the field capacity.
· March 27 – Notification of MCM Lottery Status
. All registered runners will be notified of their status through email. If selected, the runner’s payment will be automatically processed.
Important to note during MCM Lottery:
· All MCM entries are $180 plus a processing fee and are available to runners ages
· There are no fees associated with entering the Lottery. If a runner does not get in through the Lottery, the individual will not incur any charges.
· During the MCM Lottery, runners may purchase items including 2019 MCM Brooks Training apparel; runcoach training program; MarathonFoto package; iTAB personalized medal display buckle; and the Carbo Dining In pasta dinner which features Dean Karnazes, Ultramarathon Man. MCM product purchase transactions are only processed if a runner is registered through the Lottery.
In addition to MCM registration, runners may choose to purchase the all-inclusive Four Star Registration package or opt to run with a MCM Charity partner. For more information, visit www.marinemarathon.com