Upcoming Certification Courses
RRCA Coaching Certification Level I Courses are scheduled at selected locations around the U.S. throughout the year. Courses are primarily hosted by RRCA member clubs, and only a few slots remain for the general public following the registration period for the host's local running community. Click on a course location below for detailed information and registration.
We use an automated waiting list tool through the RunSignUp registration platform. If you are interested in attending a sold-out course posted on the website, please follow the link to the RunSignUp page for the desired course and register for that course's waiting list. You will receive an email if a space becomes available. Due to our small staff size, we do not take phone calls or emails about waiting list status. If a spot becomes available, you will be contacted directly.
NOTE: Registrations are limited and courses sell out quickly. Please do not contact the RRCA about getting into sold-out courses or to inquire about course waiting lists.
August 21, 2020 update: Mindful of the global and national public health crisis caused by coronavirus and COVID-19, we have moved ALL 2020 Level I Coaching Certification courses to an interactive, online classroom experience. These team-taught courses will take place using an interactive online platform on their original course dates. Registration for online courses will close one week before the course takes place to allow for shipping of course books to participants.
While we sincerely hope to be able to offer in-person courses in early 2021, plans may change as dictated by evolving state and federal guidelines. We will communicate any changes via this page and directly with cohorts as needed.
Additional online courses for the remainder of 2020 and into 2021 will be announced in the coming months.
Overview of the online Level I Coaching Certification course:
- Multiple RRCA instructors will lead the course, using the RRCA private license to teach in the private interactive online Zoom environment.
- We will use an updated version of our standard slideshow, with plenty of opportunity for both written and spoken Q&A, plus the group work on program development that has been so successful in our regular in-person classes.
- We're planning on holding the online course from 8am - 5pm in the time zone of the course city. Attendance is required throughout both days. Attendance will be taken throughout each day, including by using a screen-grab of the zoom video.
- FedEx will ship the hard-copy coursebook directly to the mailing address you include in your registration. Please be sure that your course registration information includes your FedEx shipping address. There will be an additional fee for all international shipments.
- As part of the certification process, prospective RRCA coaches must have current CPR and First Aid certifications; in light of the current national health crisis, the RRCA is accepting CPR and First Aid certifications that are completed online.
- The post-class exam will follow the standard online exam protocols, in which participants are required to take the exam on their own without working with any others on the course material.
Testimonials about the online course:
"Thank you very much for a wonderful class and weekend. It has been a great learning experience for me, and I am sure everybody else. You guys did a great job. As a college professor that was forced to transition to distance learning format in 4 days, I did struggle (and still do) with this modality for which I was not prepared... You know, you are doing a great job. I cannot thank you enough." - RL
"Thanks for a great weekend! It was one of those courses where I was surprised by how much I didn't know, and then surprised by how much I learned. I especially appreciated the chance to apply things immediately. The carryover to my day to day will be immediate, and my confidence and skill in responding to my clients' needs has increased." - AW
We continue to schedule courses for the remainder of 2020 and early 2021. Courses will be posted as they are planned. We do our best to reach each region, but feel free to submit a request to host a course if you would like us to come to your community .
Still have questions about the RRCA Coaching Certification? Don't see a course near you? Visit our Coaching Certification FAQ for answers to commonly asked questions. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any other questions.
Join the Email List to Receive Notices About Upcoming RRCA Coaching Certification Courses