Grant Application Criteria
In 2019, a total of $30,000 will be awarded as small grants ranging from $500 to $1,000. Running clubs, events, or other organizations with the IRS 501(c)(3) designation are eligible to apply. Elementary and middle schools that provide an organized after-school running program are eligible as well. No grants will be given to individuals under any circumstances. All applicants must be an official 501(c)(3), school, parent booster club, PTA, or a similar entity.
The 2019 grant application period will open May 1, 2019 and close August 1, 2019. All applicants will be notified of their application status by August 30, 2019.
Please review the following criteria before submitting your grant application:
- Your running program should be more than just a one-time event. It should be a structured running program that ideally utilizes the RRCA’s Kids Run the Nation youth running curriculum. The goal of your program should be to have kids running regularly, more than once each week for multiple weeks, as opposed to participating in a single event. However, the program may culminate in a goal fun run or other organized running event.
- Your program may be a start-up program or a pre-existing program.
- Your program must be gender-inclusive, encouraging and welcoming participation by both boys and girls. The program may not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnic origin, or economic status. The program may outline age groups and may indicate a minimum and maximum age for participation.
- Your program should focus on participation, but may include competitive running activities or events.
- Your running program must maintain policies and procedures that ensure the safety of the participants and outline expectations of program leaders. Your program should require criminal background checks on all adult program staff and volunteers.