If selected, grantees must agree to:
- Mention that you’re an RRCA Roads Scholar recipient in interviews and include this fact on your running resume;
- Help promote the program to donors and the running community at-large;
- Attend an RRCA-related event during the 24-month period following the award of the Roads Scholar grant (travel and lodging will be paid by the RRCA or participating event).
- If you have or acquire an agent, it is your responsibility to inform your agent of this obligation. Events may include: RRCA National Convention or RRCA Championship Event. Attendance and choice of events will be mutually agreed upon by the athlete and the RRCA.
- You acknowledge and agree that the RRCA may suspend future payments under the grant in the event that you engage in conduct or behavior deemed by the RRCA to involve fraud, doping offense, or conduct which otherwise has the potential of placing the RRCA or the Roads Scholar program in a negative light.
- If income (not including prize money earnings) exceeds $40,000 during the year, you may not be eligible to receive the full grant disbursement.