The RRCA Board of Directors met on March 11 in special session and voted unanimously to postpone the RRCA National Convention, which was scheduled for next week in Portland, Oregon. While this was a difficult decision, it was made based on information from a variety of health organizations, health experts, and due to the increasing numbers of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the U.S., several of which have been spread at conferences in recent days/weeks.
62nd RRCA National Convention
We have been in contact with the Hilton Portland, and at present, the plan is to determine a new date in the coming months when it is safer for people to travel and congregate in larger groups. We recommend that you contact the hotel director to cancel your room reservations as RRCA cannot cancel a room we did not book with the hotel directly. However, the RRCA may ultimately need to cancel the 2020 Convention. If a new date cannot be safely planned with the host hotel, the RRCA will work with attendees on deferral options for 2021, or refund options if a new date cannot be finalized in 2020.
We know this is not the news attendees wanted to receive, and it is certainly not what we had hoped for in our planning process. We ask for patience and understanding as we work to re-schedule the 62nd RRCA Convention.