The goal of RunPro Camp is to provide a comprehensive overview of what it takes and what is involved in becoming a professional distance runner, competing on the track, roads, in cross country, and on trails/ultras.
The interactive camp will provide opportunities to:
Through an application and selection process, the RRCA will provide a travel stipend for 15-20 athletes to attend this unique orientation to the world of professional distance running. Additional topics that are covered in during RunPro Camp include: understanding drug testing, community involvement, managing finances and taxes, funding and sponsorship opportunities, and more.
All applications will be reviewed, and you will be notified by mid-June if your travel and lodging will be funded by the RRCA.
Deadline to apply is May 31, 2021. NCAA eligibility must be completed before the Camp date of July 15 – 17, 2021.
Overview of 2021 Camp
- Date: July 15 – 17, 2021
- Camp Location: Double Tree Crystal City, 300 Army Navy Drive, Arlington, Virginia 22202
- Funding: Up to 20 selected athletes will be provided with lodging, meals, and travel reimbursement.
- Meals: Breakfast and lunch will be provided at the meeting location. Dinner will be provided at selected venues.
- Travel: The RRCA will provide a certain level of reimbursement for athletes who travel, train, car. Details will be provided to invited athletes.
RunPro Camp Application
What People Say about RunPro Camp
RunPro Camp Alumni
- Benjamin Allen – Concordia Univ., St. Paul
- Gabrielle Jennings – Furman Univ.
- Judi Jones –Univ. of Nebraska
- Vincent Kiprop – Univ. of Alabama
- Grace Moore – Temple Univ.
- Aidan Reed – Southern Utah Univ.
- Joshua Yeager – South Dakota State Univ.
- Nadir Yusuf – Minnesota State Univ. Moorehead
RunPro Camp – 2019
- Colin Abert – Penn State Univ.
- David Barney – Florida State Univ.
- Annie Frisbie – Iowa State Univ.
- Paul Hogan – UMass Lowell
- Frank Lara – Furman Univ.
- John Lewis – Clemson Univ.
- Janelle Noe – Univ. of Toledo
- Josette Norris – Georgetown Univ.
- Dhruvil Patel – North Central College
- Andrea Shine – Univ. of Iowa
- Jaci Smith – Air Force Academy
- Rachel Walny – Bowling Green State Univ.
- Matt Welch – Univ. of Portland
RunPro Camp – 2018
- Christine Bendzinski – Bucknell Univ.
- Joey Berriatua – Santa Clara Univ.
- Colin Bennie – Syracuse Univ.
- Allie Buchalski – Furman Univ.
- Jacob Dumford – Univ. of Notre Dame
- Philo Germano – Syracuse Univ.
- Alexandria Hackett – Abilene Christian Univ.
- Michaela Hackett – Abilene Christian Univ.
- Michelle Howell – Jacksonville Univ.
- Karis Jochen – Texas A&M Univ.
- Christopher Marco – Monmouth Univ.
- Jamie Morrissey – Univ. of Michigan
- Jaimie Phelan – Univ. of Michigan
- Quamel Prince – Tennessee State Univ.
- Chandler Reid – Adams State Univ.
- Troy Reeder – Furman Univ.
- Maria Scavuzzo – Miami (Ohio) Univ.
- Colin Schultz – Liberty Univ.
- Madeline Strandemo – Univ. of Minnesota
- Emi Trost – Univ. of Minnesota Duluth
RunPro Camp – 2017
- Gabrielle Anzalone (Roads Scholar) – Univ. of Wisconsin Madison
- Kelsey Bruce – Dallas Baptist Univ.
- Breanna Colbenson – Univ. of Minnesota Duluth
- Reed Fischer – Drake Univ.
- Rianna Goins – UC Davis
- Ian La Mere – Univ. Wisconsin Platville
- Jennifer Owen – Arizona State Univ.
- Joel Reichow – South Dakota State Univ.
- Ryan Rutherford – Illinois State Univ.
- Rachel Weber – The Ohio State Univ.
- Futsum Zienasellassie – Northern Arizona Univ.
RunPro Camp – 2016
- Erika Barr – UC Davis
- Margaret Connelly – Iowa State University
- Jeremy Greenwald – Georgia Tech
- Willie Milam – Gonzaga University
- Shannon Osika – University of Michigan
- Timothy Rackers – University of Tulsa
- Samantha Rivard – University of Minnesota-Duluth
- Abbabiya Simbassa – University of Oklahoma
RunPro Camp – 2015
- Brogan Austin – Drake University
- Christopher Burnett – Wichita State University
- John Crain – North Central College
- Josh Dedering – University of Wisconsin-La Crosse
- Grace Graham-Zamudio – Loyola Marymount University
- Katy Moen (Roads Scholar) – Iowa State University
- Robert Molke (Roads Scholar) – Syracuse University
- Mark Parrish – University of Florida
- Tara Richardson – Western State Colorado University
- Bethany Sachtleben – George Mason University
Rachel Sorna – Cornell University
RunPro Camp – 2014
- Juli Accurso – Ohio University
- Samantha Bluske – Iowa State University
- Nicole DeMercurio – University of Georgia
- Daniel Docherty – Loyola University Chicago
- Lindsey Drake – Gonzaga University
- Emily Gordon – (Roads Scholar) UCLA
- Katie Hoaldridge – University of Texas
- Brittni Hutton – Oakland University
- Olivia Mickle – University of Texas
- Daniel Quigley – (Roads Scholar) University of Missouri
- Ethan Shaw – (Roads Scholar) Dartmouth University
- Sheree Shea – Loyola Marymount University
- Susanna Sullivan – University of Notre Dame
- Jeffrey Veiga – Univ. of Massachusetts Lowell
RunPro Camp – 2013
- Eric Finan – (Roads Scholar)
- Michael Heller – Kent State University
- Meghan Nelson – (Roads Scholar) Iowa State Univ
- Jonathan Peterson – (Roads Scholar) UC Davis
- Gabriel Proctor – (Roads Scholar) Wes Colorado State
- Cydney Ross – Duke University
- Ben Sathre – University of St. Thomas
- Danielle Stack – Iowa State University
- Gina Valgoi – Loyola University
- Amanda Winslow – Florida State University
- Kristen Findley – Vanderbilt University
- Cate Westenhover – Baylor University
- Lara Crofford – Shippensburg University
- Lauren Kleppin – (Roads Scholar) Western State
RunPro Campers – 2011
- Sarah Porter
- Michael Crouch
- Kaitlin Gregg
- Devotia Moore
- Kate Van Buskirk
- Kristen McGlynn
- Darryll Oliver
- Christian Gonzalez
- Matt Llano (Roads Scholar)
- Mattie Suver (Roads Scholar)
- Jonathan Sees
- Elizabeth Yetzer
- Colton Tully-Doyle
- Jon Grey – (Roads Scholar)
- Mary Cate Quiett
- Andrew Benford
- Amy Van Alstine (Roads Scholar)
- David Adams
- Lisa Baumert
- Emily Anderson
- Alison Parris
- Jamie Cheever
- Chris Rombough